Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Some Things To Know When Getting Started...

Here are just a couple of things you'll want to know when getting started on the 3 different parts of VSS:

Compass Learning
You need to make sure you're logging in from the link on this page.  If you forgot your username and password, just send me an email and I'll let you know.  When you click on the Compass Learning link, it will probably give you a security warning.  You can ignore this and continue to the website.  There should be activities assigned to the students in the Math and Language Arts folders.  I recommend starting with the folders with the lower numbers, and make sure you're scoring above an 80%.

Google Docs
Again, make sure you're logging in from the link on this page and using your school-issued Google login information.  If you forgot your username, email me.  If you haven't created a shared folder with me, make sure you're doing that.  Let me know if you're having a hard time with this and I can create it for you.  When you're creating documents, make sure they are being placed in the shared folder, otherwise I cannot see it.  I will give more information on how to do this later if people are having a difficult time.  I will begin posting writing ideas periodically on this blog, so be sure to check back frequently.

Reading
You can now begin submitting books into the reading tracker.  I will accept any books that have been submitted on June 11th or after.  I will also be periodically updating how many books we've read on the right side of this blog, so be sure to check in to see our progress.  Every 5 books submitted will get you a ticket!

I will be in the OTES library/computer lab every Tuesday and Thursday morning from 9:00-12:00 starting on June 18th.  The only week this summer that it will be closed is the 4th of July week.  Remember, you can come in to use the computers, get help with any part of VSS, and also check out library books!

No comments:

Post a Comment