Saturday, July 20, 2013

Suggested Reading & Writing Idea #14 Combo

BOOK SUGGESTION
This books suggestion will actually lead us to a new writing idea.  The Twits by Roald Dahl is a fantastically funny book about two horrid old people (Mr. & Mrs. Twit) and some of the terrible things that they do.  One of my favorite parts is when Mr. Twit ties balloons to Mrs. Twit so that she'll fly away.


I believe he tied 100 balloons to her to lift her off the ground.  When I read that, I remember thinking, "I don't think 100 balloons could lift a person off the ground."  So, that leads us to...

WRITING IDEA #14
So, I found a video explaining the answer to how many balloons it would take to lift a person off the ground.  Watch the video, then create a Google Doc titled "How Many Balloons" to share what you learned.



No comments:

Post a Comment